Registered Charities
England: No.1100707
Scotland: No.SC032670

Gift Aid

Make your gift worth even more to us, without paying a penny extra.

If you pay UK tax, even if it’s just on your pension or a part-time job, whenever you make a donation to the Society of One Armed Golfers we can claim back some of the tax you’ve already paid. This scheme is called Gift Aid.

How does it work?

  • For each £1 you give SOAG, we can claim back an extra 25p in tax.
  • It doesn’t cost you anything – all you have to do is fill in a short, simple form giving us permission to reclaim this tax.
  • We can even claim for all the gifts/donations you’ve made in the past four years.

How Do I Sign Up For Gift Aid

You can fill in our online Gift Aid Declaration

Gift Aid Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?

You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5th April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that SOAG will reclaim on your donation for that tax year.

How do I know if I pay income tax?

You pay tax if:
  • Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
  • You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
  • You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan
Have I paid capital gains tax?

You will have paid capital gains tax on the sale of property or shares, for example.

Do I pay tax on my pension?

You will receive a P60 each year, which will show any tax deductions from your pension.

I’m not a UK taxpayer. Can I still Gift Aid my donation?

Unfortunately you will be unable to make a Gift Aid declaration, but if you tick the non-taxpayer box, we will be able to update our records.

What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?

Nothing, it simply ensures that SOAG can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.

How long does the declaration last for?

Indefinitely, SOAG is able to claim on any qualifying donations made over the past 4 years. If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please contact SOAG Hon Secretary - Jerry Woodley.